Optimizing For Success: Metrics For Enterprise IT
The Importance of Metrics
Two oft-repeated business maxims state:
1. You can’t manage what you don’t measure.
2. If you can’t measure something, you can’t improve it.
Every business and organization can take advantage of vast volumes and variety of data to make well-informed strategic decisions—that’s where metrics come in.
Metrics are quantitative assessments. Organizations use metrics to understand the performance of their initiatives.
This e-book introduces metrics in enterprise IT. Organizations of all shapes and sizes can use any number of metrics. In this e-book, we’ll look at four areas where metrics are vital to enterprise IT:
• Service delivery metrics which track the performance of your service delivery.
• Service desk metrics which track your service desk’s performance. Measuring the service desk is tied into service delivery because it directly supports the customer experience.
• DevOps metrics which look at the performance of DevOps teams.
• Organizational metrics which look at overall
organizational performance through the lenses
of operations, service delivery, finance and
What will you learn
- 1 Lessons
- 00:00:00 Hours
- Optimizing For Success: Metrics For Enterprise It